Author Topic: Bug Reports - v6  (Read 44540 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports - v6
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2009, 02:52:38 PM »
I take it the issue with Baresh transforming into "Kaishas Gan" (on BGT) is addressed. On Tutu, he now transforms into "Selaad Gan", since he now transforms into the same werewolf cre that Selaad does. (Original blundering post can be found here.)

Additionally, I see that UB assigns area scripts the same way BG1 NPC does/did. However, the 0507-0510 areas (Ice, Fire, etc Chambers in Durlag's Tower) all use the 0507 script and there are no 0508-0510 scripts. The issue is explained more fully here.

Hopefully I'm not reporting already known issues here (I did search. A little.).

Offline Shemsu

• Planewalker
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2009, 07:46:38 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug but there's no dream in chapter 5 - I rested several times and I can neither see the dream nor acquire the special ability. I use the old good version of BG + TotSC + the official patch + UB v6 and no other mods. I played BG only two times and it was rather long ago so I can't remeber now is there a dream in chapter 5 but I thought that there are dreams for every chapter after Nashkel mines

I've also read in "Finished business" part of this forum that mod implements Wilton, Brun's neighbor in the game. But in my game he speaks something like "I have nothing to say", so no changes here. Maybe I've done something wrong? I just completed the quest with Brun's son and visited Wilton after that. Not that it is really important... just my desire to see everything in the game.

I also experienced a bug with Kagain's quest but installing this component from v4 worked fine. And also there was a bug already mentioned above - with hobgoblin in Drizzt's area

PS. Ah, and just in case - sorry for my english, it's not native for me
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:49:52 AM by Shemsu »

Offline Shemsu

• Planewalker
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »
Ahem... Everyone keep silence but may I still ask a question? :-)

Is there really a dream in chapter 5? I was fairly sure that there is - and in chapter 6, and 7 also. After all, CHARNAME should gain 6 innate abilities in total. That's no problem to give him new ability in GateKeeper or SwordCoastKeeper but is there a way to see the dream itself?

I've already tried to change "Dream" global in SwordCoastKeeper but nothing happens. It seems a bit strange for me that "Dream" has a value "4" for me while I'm in chapter 5. I changed it to 3, rested and watched the dream about bone dagger (that's the one after bandit's camp). But when I change value to 5, 6 or 7 still nothing happens.

I even came to thought that SwordCoastKeeper changes variables in some strange and unnatural way so I tried to repeat the same process using SetGlobal function but its syntax escapes me :(

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2009, 05:49:26 AM »
Dreams in BG1 happen randomly after every chapter. If you rest ten times in a row, chances are you'll get them all, though(again, one per each chapter you played, i.e. if you're in Chapter 5 and have seen only two dreams, you will get the third eventually).

Don't change the variable, or you may never get any dreams at all.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2009, 06:06:59 AM »
Yep, there should be a dream. I'm not sure how BG1 implements the dreams, but assuming Kulyok is right, it might be a random chance on rest.
BG1UB wouldn't change this.
With Wilton, is Wilton having nothing to say?

@Wisp: will fix these, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:09:30 AM by Ascension64 »

Offline Shemsu

• Planewalker
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
Well, he do say something. I can't provide the exact quote, cause I'm forced to play with russian dialog.tlk (my girlfriend doesn't understand English :)) But it is something very ordinary, not that he's trying to give me some reward for Brun's quest.

And I should say I always install UB after copying russian dialogs so that nothing could corrupt changes UB implement into the game

Offline Shemsu

• Planewalker
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »
I really apologize but Wilton gives his reward after all. I forgot to talk with Brun second time and give him gold

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »
Okay, since you're working on it here....  Thought I'd point out that the spell in vanilla and totsc has protection against Hold Creature II whereas the potion has protection against Stun.  I can't remember whether it was thought that the Stun in the potion should be changed to Hold Creature II or if the Hold Creature II in the spell should be changed to Stun.  I would think that the spell needs adjusted since both the spell and the potion contain the Cure Stun effect (#46).
What do you think?
Strange, my BG:TotSC Free Action doesn't have the Immunity to Effect: Hold Creature II effect. Were you looking at Tutu, BGT, or BG2 by any chance?

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »
Hmm, it looks like Edie and Quoningar, even with TakePartyItemNum("f00",1), still takes the entire stack. Any suggestions as to how we can make them take only one item?

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
I'm assuming BG/TotSC? I wouldn't bother really, although it's possible you could check NumItemsParty("f00",1) if installed under TotSC.

Strange, my BG:TotSC Free Action doesn't have the Immunity to Effect: Hold Creature II effect.
I don't see anything that grants Hold2 immunity in TotSC...

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
I don't see anything that grants Hold2 immunity in TotSC...
Maybe plainab was referring to EasyTutu, since I just checked and Macready seems to have made the potion work exactly like the spell.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »
Sorry about the delay. I was in the midst of moving (still am actually) just got internet access up at the new home.

It's not [Immunity to Effect] but rather it is [Protection from Opcode]

Vanilla -- sppr403 
24th effect (last one) is #101 Protection: from Opcode
value for opcode is 175 which according to DLTECP is Hold Creature 2

got access to totsc so I moved vanilla to a new directory and installed totsc (so I've got two copies of the game on my hard drive)

ToTSC - sppr403
24th effect (last one) is #101 Protection: from Opcode

Easy TuTu - TOTSC based uses BG2 spells now rather than converting BG1 spells
sppr403
50th effect (in DLTCEP) is #101 Protection: from Opcode

BG2 TOB
sppr403
22nd effect (in DLTCEP) is #101 Protection: from Opcode
value for opcode is 175 which according to DLTCEP is Hold Creature 2

All games are unmodded in their original states.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »
DLTCEP is smelly ass. 175 is Hold creature (Hold creature type). 185 is Hold creature 2.

"Immunity to Effect" is the correct description, as used by Near Infinity. DLTCEP uses the names that retards came up with.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
DLTCEP is smelly ass. 175 is Hold creature (Hold creature type). 185 is Hold creature 2.

"Immunity to Effect" is the correct description, as used by Near Infinity. DLTCEP uses the names that retards came up with.
So how would a modder know if what they are looking at in DLTCEP is correct or not?  Is there documentation somewhere?
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
IESDP, although even it has a different system of names for opcodes.

Offline Isaya

• Planewalker
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »
Actually DLTCEP is using the same description as IESDP. You can even download from IESDP (last link on the page) updates to the .dat files that DLTCEP uses for the effect descriptions, if the one in DLTCEP is older.

Offline DeusEx

• Planewalker
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2009, 05:10:43 AM »
Hi  :)

I went to the Bridge to Baldur's Gate area and a farmer approached me saying someone was poisoning the woods and I got this journal entry "A farmer who we met in the Wood of Sharp Teeth has told us that someone has been dumping waste in the forest". Now two different sources told me it is BG1UB so I'm posting here. There doesn't seem any quest is connected to him. Maybe it is a bug, maybe not, maybe it was fixed in v7, I don't know but here it is. The creature name is UBFARM5.cre. I leave the rest up to you  ;D.   

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »
Doesn't appear to be a bug. The pollution appears to be caused by someone dumping waste into the forest, according to the dialogue. It's just a creature restoration and there isn't a connected quest.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: