Author Topic: Bug Reports - v6  (Read 44817 times)

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Re: Bug Reports - v6
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 06:53:56 AM »
Personally I remove many unused bifs of BG2 and clean the keyfile with NI, but with BG1Tutu the AREA1500.bif is also a bif from BG2... In the chitin key we have: data\AREA1500.bif and C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\Data\AREA1500.bif.

The bif are the same name but for the files of BG1, the prefix AR is replaced by FW for the *.BMP, *.MOS & *.ARE files, so I think the best solution is:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ulgoth.sto~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1500.are~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~bg1data/AREA1500.bif~) @1
You've confused me there. AFAIK, BG2 doesn't have its own AREA1500.BIF. The way that BG1Tutu is set up tricks the game to allow you have to BIFFs in folders other than the data directory.

Makes sense - that gives folks a quick patch to allow it to happen; they just have to edit a line in a tp2 and problem (temporarily) solved until the next update. (Ascension64 is supposed to be phd-ing, not avoiding it like me :) )
I'm not actually PhD'ing, I'm MBBSing.

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »
Hello folks,

I'm running a MacEasyTutu install, and am trying to load the BG1UB for Mac mod - but I get this error:

Install Component [Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi]?
Install, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi]
Copying 1 file ...
[bg1ub/shilochen/IBRACUB.BAM] loaded, 2614 bytes
Copied [bg1ub/shilochen/IBRACUB.BAM] to [OVERRIDE/IBRACUB.BAM]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[bg1ub/shilochen/UBGLOVE1.ITM] loaded, 162 bytes
Copied [bg1ub/shilochen/UBGLOVE1.ITM] to [OVERRIDE/UBGLOVE1.ITM]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [OGREMA_A.CRE] not found in KEY file:
   [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi], rolling back to previous state
[bg1ub/backup/13/UNSETSTR.13] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   2 files for [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2] component 13.
Uninstalled      2 files for [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2] component 13.

NOTE: removed the bracketed I at the beginning for this debug to avoid italics.

Am I missing a .CRE file here? Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Az

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »
Shouldn't be. Are you using the correct BG1UB archive (the one for Tutu/BGT)?

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 05:08:52 AM »
I believe so, it's from the PPG site and is the Mac version: BG1UB V3 Mac

Only version I can find, in fact (for Mac).

and it not only wants OGREMA_A, but OGREMA_B, and AOLN.CRE files.... and about half a dozen more as you progress down the install components...

It's worth mentioning that some of these files are BIF'd in the BG1/TotSC data files that are copied into the Tutu'd game folder (part of the MacEasyTutu install), and exporting them into the tutu'd Override folder seems to allow the mod to finish installing the components - whether or not that's a good workaround, I don't know. Also, many of these resources are in the tutu'd override folder but pre-pended with an underscore (ex. FLAM5.CRE is missing, but there's a _FLAM5.CRE) - however, I was told that these underscores are intentional and shouldn't be the problem. The script inside the BG1UB tp2 file specifically looks in the Override folder for a non-underscored file (ex. COPY_EXISTING EDIE.CRE OVERRIDE).

Thanks,
Az

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 05:49:48 AM »
BG1UB v3 isn't Tutu-compatible, it's for regular BG1 / TotSC exclusively. You'll need to use the PC version of v6, installing it with Steve's Install-tools or converting it manually.

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »
Ah ha!  :D

Okay, I'll give that a shot then...

Thanks!

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »
Would whoever's responsible stop with this PC-only crap? I did not spend time making sure Mac compatibility was perfect just to have it kicked to the wayside by people who don't give a shit.

This is my frowny face.

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
Because I can't stand to "see" devSin frown  ;) :

OS X BG1UB v6 for Tutu / BGT

Added Mac tisunpack and changed the tp2 path to it, as well as weidu-mac v204 & a .command file.

Installs successfully, but I haven't tested it in-game (with such minute changes, there's not much chance of any new gremlins having crept in).

Offline Azalar

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:25 AM »
Thank you devSin and Gorilym - installed completely error free...  :D

Az

Offline erebusant

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »
The only thing to add that I came across while fixing my Bunsen dialog is in BGT game anyway, AR9913.bcs has the Serving Wench spawn from the FAI added to it as well. My AR9913.bcs decompiled:
Code: [Select]
IF
Global("UB_HALFG2_SPAWN","GLOBAL",0)
!Exists("HALFG2")
!Dead("HALFG2") // Bunsen
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("HALFG2",[311.179],0) // Bunsen
SetGlobal("UB_HALFG2_SPAWN","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
Global("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","AR6801",0)
!Exists("FRIWEN")
!Dead("FRIWEN") // Serving Wench
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("FRIWEN",[1073.690],4) // Serving Wench
SetGlobal("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","AR6801",1)
END
Code in .tp2 for this is:
// Add the Serving Wench to the Friendly Arm Inn
<<<<<<<< .../bg1ub/ub_ar2301.baf
IF
Global("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","%FriendlyArmInn_L1%",0)
!Exists("FRIWEN")
!Dead("FRIWEN")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("%tutu_var%FRIWEN",[1073.690],4) //
SetGlobal("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","%FriendlyArmInn_L1%",1)
END
>>>>>>>>

OUTER_SPRINT temp_tutu "_AR4013" OUTER_SPRINT temp_bgt "AR9913" OUTER_SPRINT temp_bg "AR4013" LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO "getcpmvara"
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%temp_cpmvar%.BCS~ ~.../bg1ub/ub_ar2301.baf~
  EVALUATE_BUFFER
Change to:
// Add the Serving Wench to the Friendly Arm Inn
<<<<<<<< .../bg1ub/ub_ar2301.baf
IF
Global("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","%FriendlyArmInn_L1%",0)
!Exists("FRIWEN")
!Dead("FRIWEN")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("%tutu_var%FRIWEN",[1073.690],4) //
SetGlobal("UB_FRIWEN_SPAWN","%FriendlyArmInn_L1%",1)
END
>>>>>>>>

OUTER_SPRINT temp_tutu "_AR2301" OUTER_SPRINT temp_bgt "AR6801" OUTER_SPRINT temp_bg "AR2301" LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO "getcpmvara"
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%temp_cpmvar%.BCS~ ~.../bg1ub/ub_ar2301.baf~
  EVALUATE_BUFFER
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:39:58 AM by erebusant »

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 10:27:48 AM »
Those fixes go better in the BG Fixpack that is upcoming. They might make a temporary appearance in a future version of BG1UB though.

Hey Ascension64,

Do you have any time frame for the BG1 FixPack (i.e. next week, next month, next couple months, etc.)?  I am going to start another BG1+TotSC game with some new mods and would like to include it (if possible).

Thank you,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 03:18:06 PM »
Those fixes go better in the BG Fixpack that is upcoming. They might make a temporary appearance in a future version of BG1UB though.

Hey Ascension64,

Do you have any time frame for the BG1 FixPack (i.e. next week, next month, next couple months, etc.)?  I am going to start another BG1+TotSC game with some new mods and would like to include it (if possible).

Thank you,
LoneRogue
No real time frame on the bg1fixpack yet.  We do have a proto-test version, which is seriously lacking the gtu.  If you want to test it out and give some feedback that would be great.  Drop me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you what we've got minus the gtu of course...
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »
Found a bug with Kagain's quest while playing BG1+TotSC (modded)...

When my party reaches the caravan with Kagain, he automatically goes to Silvershield's son's body and then returns with news of what he found (the actual text is different from v4), but then he leaves and does it again and again and again and again in an infinite loop (thus never finishing the quest).  So I went back and copied over JUST the Kagain files from v4 (a couple of them are different), reinstalled that BG1UB component, and then it tested good (with the v4 text back again).  ;D

Cheers,
LoneRogue

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »
LoneRogue, you weren't playing with BG1NPC, were you... that sounds like something we get if folks have installed both UB's version of the "finishable Kagain's Caravan Quest" and the BG1NPC one, too - direct conflict in components there leads to a massive script loop problem.

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »
Hey cmorgan,

Thanks for the thought, but I don't think that is it.  I'm not using the BG1 NPC Project...

But I am running the latest version of following mods on BG1+TotSC (not in this order):

iiTweak
     Mix-Mod
     The Vault
     CoM Forge
     Dudley Fixes
     Herbs & Potions
     Made in Heaven
     Baldurdash Fixes
     Store Prices Mod
     Stone of Askavar
     Ease-of-Use Pack
     The Grey Clan Ep 1
     BG1 Adventure Pack
     The Fields of the Dead
     BG1 Unfinished Business
     Jastey's BG1 Mini-Quests
     Yovaneth's ysSeries Scripts

BTW, I always install BG1UB last.  Do you think that one of these may have somehow caused the problem?

Cheers,
LoneRogue

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »
(This is completely off-topic. LoneRogue, if your install is stable, would you post a log somewhere? I am intrigued to try a modded BG1, myself.)

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »
Hey jastey,

Not a problem and happy to help!  When I get home tonight, I will copy over my WeiDU.log for you.  I assume you know where to find all the latest versions of the mods I listed, if not, just let me know.  I have links saved to each of the different sites.

I have spent quite a bit of time installing, loading, and reloading those mods in different sequences (and versions) to make all of them compatible with each other (including some custom items of my own).  I still run across the occasional bug, but they are usually small and easily fixed.  Keep in mind that DSotSC is still not compatible with the list of mods I installed together and I have been having some trouble with G3's Widescreen Mod.  But otherwise, my BG1+TotSC modded install has been quite stable (and enjoyable).  ;)

BTW, thanks for doing BGQE, it has been a very fun addition to the game!  ;D

Thank you,
LoneRogue

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »
Hey Jastey,

I posted the info you wanted under "FYI: Mods I install for BG1+TotSC (with WeiDU.log)".  ;)

Cheers,
LoneRogue

Robert

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »
I have UBv6 installed on top of Baldur's Gate, TOTSC, the official patch, and the Baldurdash fixpatch.  I'm in chapter 4 right now and so far I've seen the following issues:

1.  When I bring Kagain to the caravan, and he sees the dead body, he walks to it, then gives a speech which I presume is the speech he gives when he is removed from the party.  He then walks over to the party and gives the speech he gives when you talk to him after he's been kicked out of the party.  Then he walks back to the dead body and starts all over again.  

2.  Somewhere in the SW, I believe it's in the same area where Drizzt is, there is a hobgoblin who constantly says, "You be quiet, manure mouth!", repeatedly.  He doesn't turn hostile.  I eventually killed it just to make it shut up.

3.  Aldeth Sashenstar is blurry.  I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »
I have UBv6 installed on top of Baldur's Gate, TOTSC, the official patch, and the Baldurdash fixpatch.  I'm in chapter 4 right now and so far I've seen the following issues:

1.  When I bring Kagain to the caravan, and he sees the dead body, he walks to it, then gives a speech which I presume is the speech he gives when he is removed from the party.  He then walks over to the party and gives the speech he gives when you talk to him after he's been kicked out of the party.  Then he walks back to the dead body and starts all over again. 

2.  Somewhere in the SW, I believe it's in the same area where Drizzt is, there is a hobgoblin who constantly says, "You be quiet, manure mouth!", repeatedly.  He doesn't turn hostile.  I eventually killed it just to make it shut up.

3.  Aldeth Sashenstar is blurry.  I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not.
I can't answer 1 and 2, but I can tell you that 3 is technically intentional as Aldeth was given a ring by bioware, but it was never equipped.  UB has equipped said ring and the blurriness you see is one of the effects...
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »
hey, can i just ask on how to fix my version of UB manually...

I haven't installed the mod yet, and i'd like to repair the shilo chen and bunsen thing before i install, so do i literally just open this tp2 thing in notepad and paste over the appropriate sections as detailed by ascension and erebusant respectively?

It seems obvious enoguh, but the one that you posted for bunsen, erebusant, is that BGT only, since i'm using easytutu, and also you quote a bit of code at the start aswell, is that unrelated or something i need to change as well?

(I'm guessing i just look at that second bit of code, and replace with the third bit you put, and ignore the first one altogether...but if you could please let me know)

Thanks bvery much

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 05:36:58 AM »
Yes for the shilo-chen thing. Wait for erebusant's reply for the bunsen thing. Just remember to backup whatever you change in case things go wrong.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 05:44:42 AM »
The Aldeth patch should be nixed in all versions (that ring is there because it's the key to his door, not because he actually needs it or was supposed to be wearing it). It could be removed, but the player will never see it, so there's no issue with just leaving it alone.

Offline erebusant

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »
hey, can i just ask on how to fix my version of UB manually...

I haven't installed the mod yet, and i'd like to repair the shilo chen and bunsen thing before i install, so do i literally just open this tp2 thing in notepad and paste over the appropriate sections as detailed by ascension and erebusant respectively?

It seems obvious enoguh, but the one that you posted for bunsen, erebusant, is that BGT only, since i'm using easytutu, and also you quote a bit of code at the start aswell, is that unrelated or something i need to change as well?

(I'm guessing i just look at that second bit of code, and replace with the third bit you put, and ignore the first one altogether...but if you could please let me know)

Thanks bvery much
Yes. The 1st bit of code just showed what the resultant AR9913.bcs file ended up being due to the original .tp2 code (the 2nd bit of code). What you want to do is make the changes in the OUTER_SPRINT temp section in order to define the proper bcs file that the inlined .../bg1ub/ub_ar2301.baf file the .tp2 creates is going to modify. In the 2nd snippet of code it is defining Bunsen's house with the bcs files that correspond to it in Tutu, BGT, and BG. The 3rd snippet of code defines the bcs files that correspond to the Friendly Arm Inn so whichever platform you are playing the proper bcs file will be modified.

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
Ok, thanks, i got a little lost amidst all that coding-type lingo  :o

But, i think i'll just copy and paste and go with it...that should be fine right?

Also, just realised...is this fix that you've provided for the dialogue thing qwinn described on page 1, or something unrelated, as you talk about areas here...just got me thinking is all.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: