Author Topic: Bug Reports - v6  (Read 44820 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Bug Reports - v6
« on: December 25, 2007, 06:24:47 AM »
Let's roll.

allasafanfan

Re: Bug Reports - v6
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:36:14 AM »
Y U NOT R wright b0lderskate unfinisht ALEESHA buisnes Sam?!?!?!

Y!?!?!!1?/1!?

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:43:17 AM »
Shilo Chen seems to have spawned in the area south of the Friendly Arm Inn - he looks to have replaced Aoln. Bug?

Edit: playing with Easytutu (latest non-beta version).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:18:07 AM by coaster »

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »
Yep, bug. If you like manually fixing things, you can change in bg1ub/setup-bg1ub.tp2:

COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scripto%GREMA_A.CRE~ ~override~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~UBOGMA01~

COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scripto%GREMA_B.CRE~ ~override~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~UBOGMA02~

COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%AOLN.CRE~ ~override~
to
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scripto%GREMA_A.CRE~ ~override/UBOGMA01.CRE~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~UBOGMA01~

COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_scripto%GREMA_B.CRE~ ~override/UBOGMA02.CRE~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~UBOGMA02~

COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%AOLN.CRE~ ~override/UBSHILO.CRE~
and then re-install the mod, since that entire component doesn't work properly in its current state anyway.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:09:14 PM by Ascension64 »

Offline Taimon

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
With BGT there is a crash when talking to the barkeeper in the helm and cloak inn in BG. Its because he wants to load a non-existent store file. This seems to be a typo in bart9.d. Removing the underscore from the storename solves the issue.

Edie and Quoningar take to many potions, if you have them stacked in the inventory.

Offline Altomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
I got this error while trying to install BG1UB v6 in a BGT installation.In order to get thin error you have to install some of the components and after the installation is finished try to run it again to install some of the others components. I had to uninstall all the previous components and start again the installation or else i get this error.

ERROR: No translation provided for @90000
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:01:18 PM by Altomar »

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
The non-hostile hobgoblin in the Drizz't/gnoll area doesn't say anything in the Easytutu version. I distinctly remember he said something in the beta...

Offline Oldwolf

• Planewalker
  • Compuiters are only as smart as their operators
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »
The only problem I've found in my BGT install is a corruption of SCRL63.itm. It won't allow you to Raise a Dead party member. BG1UB is the first mod that changes that scroll other than BG2Fixpack in my install. Restoring the scroll from an earlier installed mod's backup lets the scroll work fine, installing a backup of the scroll from any mod installed after BG1UB and the scroll still doesn't work. The problem with the file is in the extended header it is set to target "Creature" instead of a target "Dead Character".
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:05:03 PM by Oldwolf »
"If a tree falls in the forest .... I'll Kill the b*****d what done it!" -Jaheira

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »
The non-hostile hobgoblin in the Drizz't/gnoll area doesn't say anything in the Easytutu version. I distinctly remember he said something in the beta...

I've got this guy in my install as well.  Only major mods installed are EasyTutu, BG1UB and BG1NPC, and I've pretty much eliminated the last one as a possibility (first reported this over on the G3 board).

Qwinn

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:15:39 AM »
Hey all,

Just to appease your concerns about a lack of response, I've been way too busy with study to productively react to these posts, but be assured that I have noted these issues down and will chase them up when an iota of spare time decides to direct itself in my course.
Keep the reports coming, though.

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »
Mentioning it here, because the readme says that the NPC in question's dialogue was tweaked in version 4.

Arriving at Gullykin, when I first talk to an NPC named Bunsen who lives in a burrow on the east side of town , here is the dialogue:

Bunsen:  "We are a merchant town.  If the attacks are stopped it will be a return to business and profits.  Many of the merchants would be grateful if such were to happen."

Your available replies are as follows:

1.  As you wish, though if you were to reconsider, I do not see an end to this situation coming anytime soon.
2.  What exactly was the trouble again?  Could you repeat what you said earlier?
3.  I will speak with this druid.  Let me pass.

Obviously, none of these replies you are offered make any sense in context.  Neither do the replies if you select any of those responses.  Bunsen's replies to any of the above choices seem to be what the responses would be if his initial dialogue had been to complain about your barging in the door, and your replies had been, in this order, polite, rude and obsequious.  His response in turn are that you are welcome to stay, not welcome, and very welcome.

In the readme, under version 4 bugfixes, it says:  "Bunsen's dialogue responses are no longer duplicated".  That fix may have been overzealous :)

I'm also rather curious as to who the druid in question is supposed to be.  I'm guessing it was corrupted and that dialogue actually belongs to a different NPC.  Probably a shadow druid or something?

EDIT:  Note, my install order was EasyTutu, then BG1UBv6 (skipping the four components that have been warned against in various threads due to incompatibility with BG1NPC), then BG1NPCv14.

Qwinn

Offline Archea47

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »
I don't have any bugs to report yet.  I just wanted to say THANK YOU! for going through the trouble to make this version for Tutu and BGT users.  I myself use BGT and so far Unfinished Business works great.  Keep up the great work, I appreciate it! :D

Offline erebusant

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »

I've got this guy in my install as well.  Only major mods installed are EasyTutu, BG1UB and BG1NPC, and I've pretty much eliminated the last one as a possibility (first reported this over on the G3 board).

Qwinn
I had the same "nothing to say" issue with BGT installed. The 1st mod that touches hobgo5.cre after bg1ub install is SCS (directly after) which removes the initdlg.bcs from the .cre file. It looks like the whole dialog issue is because hobgo5.cre does not have hobgo5.dlg assigned to it. Once you assign it and change initdlg.bcs back to slot 0x248 the encounter works as it should.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
Fixes so far
Tutu/BGT: Shilo-Chen no longer replaces Aoln
BGT: No more crash when going to store in Helm and Cloak
BG+BGT/Tutu: HOBGO5 dialogue wasn't set
BGT: no more overwriting existing ITMs
Tutu: Raise Dead scroll now works
BGT/Tutu: Bunsen saying gibberish fix
BG+BGT/Tutu: Edie takes only one potion, not the whole stack
BG+BGT/Tutu: Quoningar takes only one potion, not the whole stack

To Do
Ch7 changes
"Major dialogue restorations"
Actual calling of guards

Conflicts
HOBGO5 override script: conflicts with SCS component Smarter General AI that adds HOBGOBF.BCS

Question
Does non-TotSC BG1 have the script action TakePartyItemNum()?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:57:10 PM by Ascension64 »

Aslain Melemir

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
Great mod, but since this is the bug report thread, I did found something really annoying. When I join up with Kagain and go to find the caravan with the son of Entar Silvershield, the trigger activates and Kagain walks toward the kid. However, unlike older versions of the mod, he doesn't say anything about the kid, but he leaves the party. Immediately after leaving, he comes back and asks to join. Is as if the trigger is using the wrong script or something. That's all.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 04:40:35 AM »
Great mod, but since this is the bug report thread, I did found something really annoying. When I join up with Kagain and go to find the caravan with the son of Entar Silvershield, the trigger activates and Kagain walks toward the kid. However, unlike older versions of the mod, he doesn't say anything about the kid, but he leaves the party. Immediately after leaving, he comes back and asks to join. Is as if the trigger is using the wrong script or something. That's all.
BG1, BGT or EasyTutu? Please post the textual contents of your WeiDU.log. Does Kagain say anything before he leaves? If so, exactly what does he say?

Aslain Melemir

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »
Forgot about that. I'm playing plain old good vanilla BG1. About the WeiDU log, well, what's that? ??? Sorry, new into this :-[

Kagain says that if I ever need a dwarven muscle I can count on him, then he leaves the party and walks all the way to the kid again... then returns, and says something about me needing him, then I can tell him to leave (repeats the walk to kid ask to join part) or accept him again in the party... resulting in him leavin again to the kid. I can cancel his movement to the kid and all, but the quest is unfinishable. I'll try to give all the help I can, but it really is weird, since this was working fine in v4. By the way, I installed The Original Saga (same as before with v4), then the baldurash fix pack and then the UB (I think with v4 I had installed the dudley's fixes too, but I can't remember :().

Keazen

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 03:23:24 AM »
Hello all,

Version BG1UBTutu:
SKIPPING: [Ice Island Level Two Restoration]
The Tales of the Sword Coast expansion is required for this component.

I've Tosc. :)

I deleted from the tp2: REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ulgoth.sto~) OR
    (FILE_EXISTS ~bg1data/AREA1500.bif~) @1

Strange, because I've the Area1500.bif in the data folder of BG1 (but ulgolth.sto is _ulgolth.sto).

Some old bugs from BG if you want revised them:
CLCK11.itm doesn't give "electricity resistance bonus"
POTN.itm (potion of free action) give immunity for charm creature ??
NOBL9.cre need 2 gold in inventory (GivePartyGold(2) in DLG).
The "script name"  of these CRE files (CULT1, CULT2, CULT3, CULT4, CULTT1, CULTT2, CULTT3 & CULTT4) need rename with no space (eg, Cult Wizard 2 => CultWizard2), bad reference for the AR1000.bcs, AR1003.bcs & CULTSHT.bcs.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »
Forgot about that. I'm playing plain old good vanilla BG1. About the WeiDU log, well, what's that? ??? Sorry, new into this :-[

Kagain says that if I ever need a dwarven muscle I can count on him, then he leaves the party and walks all the way to the kid again... then returns, and says something about me needing him, then I can tell him to leave (repeats the walk to kid ask to join part) or accept him again in the party... resulting in him leavin again to the kid. I can cancel his movement to the kid and all, but the quest is unfinishable. I'll try to give all the help I can, but it really is weird, since this was working fine in v4. By the way, I installed The Original Saga (same as before with v4), then the baldurash fix pack and then the UB (I think with v4 I had installed the dudley's fixes too, but I can't remember :().
Will have a look into it. Don't worry about the WeiDU log.

Keazen
Those fixes go better in the BG Fixpack that is upcoming. They might make a temporary appearance in a future version of BG1UB though. Thanks.

As for Ice Island component, the condition check is an OR, meaning that you have only one or the other. Are you using BG1Tutu or EasyTutu? It looks like that if you try and install on BG1Tutu, it won't want to install because it is looking for AREA1500.BIF inside the "bg1data" directory, not the "data" directory. The former only exists in EasyTutu

Keazen

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 02:42:20 AM »
Ok ok, I use BG1Tutu, thanks for the explication Ascension.

(POTN45, missed the number in my previous post)

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »
Off the cuff -
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ulgoth.sto~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~data/AREA1500.bif~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~bg1data/AREA1500.bif~) @1

works, right, BGT/Tutuv4/Easytutu checks...  we can't be sure that a check for _ulgoth.sto catsches everything, because EasyTutu is designed to allow both TOTSC and non-TOTSC installs - that might be something to check with Macready on.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
Off the cuff -
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ulgoth.sto~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~data/AREA1500.bif~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~bg1data/AREA1500.bif~) @1

works, right, BGT/Tutuv4/Easytutu checks...  we can't be sure that a check for _ulgoth.sto catsches everything, because EasyTutu is designed to allow both TOTSC and non-TOTSC installs - that might be something to check with Macready on.
I have EasyTutu without ToTSC and for some reason I have the file _ulgoth.sto probably because it was an override file that was added after the initial copy over.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
Off the cuff -

Yep, that would be the solution I think.

I have EasyTutu without ToTSC and for some reason I have the file _ulgoth.sto probably because it was an override file that was added after the initial copy over.
That's why for EasyTutu the mod checks for AREA1500.bif. The ulgoth.sto check is reserved for BGT only.

Keazen

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 02:38:42 AM »
Personally I remove many unused bifs of BG2 and clean the keyfile with NI, but with BG1Tutu the AREA1500.bif is also a bif from BG2... In the chitin key we have: data\AREA1500.bif and C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\Data\AREA1500.bif.

The bif are the same name but for the files of BG1, the prefix AR is replaced by FW for the *.BMP, *.MOS & *.ARE files, so I think the best solution is:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ulgoth.sto~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1500.are~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~bg1data/AREA1500.bif~) @1

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
Makes sense - that gives folks a quick patch to allow it to happen; they just have to edit a line in a tp2 and problem (temporarily) solved until the next update. (Ascension64 is supposed to be phd-ing, not avoiding it like me :) )

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: