Author Topic: Durlag's Tower Chessboard Bug.  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Raiken

• Planewalker
Durlag's Tower Chessboard Bug.
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:20 PM »
Hi folks,

I've been enjoying EasyTuTu recently and playing BG 1 for the first time in a few years, but I've managed to come up against a nasty bug during the chessboard fight.

Basicly all of my characters keep 'snapping back' to the square they start on.  Any attempt to move just puts them right back, and while I was able to defeat the enemy NPCs (they focused on my PC who luckily is a fighter), I couldn't do much aside from buff up like mad and just keep drinking extra healing potions.  Any attempt to cast a spell is interrupted as the screen is constantly 'jolting' around, and the characters don't even try to use scrolls or items such as the necklace of missiles.

I have previous save games, so I'm not stuck per se, but I'd like to complete Durlag's Tower, as I while I remember the story well from before it would be nice to clock the whole of BG 1 and TotSC.  I found one way of getting to the door and level 3 exit was to set each characters speed to 50 in Shadowkeeper, give them boots of speed and have them each drink an oil of speed.  It worked, and they shot across the board and I was able to load them into the next level, only for the chessboard level to load again and the characters were snapped back to the starting squares.

Just to test, I took a savegame from before I defeated the last guardian on level 3 and I used SK to give myself the Soultaker and when I went to Ulgoth's Beard, the Cultists appeared, so I can at least finish up that part of the quest.  I'll just have to use SK to give myself the few decent items from level 4 and the Kings +3 greatsword from the Chessboard, plus I had a good scrap with the fission slimes which jacked up my xp a bit.  ;)

I don't suppose there is a fix for this problem, and I've resigned myself to just not seeing Durlag's Tower all the way through.  I'm running the latest EasyTutu and Tutu fixpack (17 I think), plus the BG NPC project, the few fixes from the BG2 fixpack that would install (safe options only for tutu I'm lead to believe), plus the improved AI for BG 1.

Ta.

Offline Wanderer

• Planewalker
Re: Durlag's Tower Chessboard Bug.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:32:36 AM »
This is a bug in version 2.02 and earlier of Sword Coast Stratagems. It is fixed (I hope!) in version 3, which is now available - you can upgrade to version 3 without restarting the game (though you may need to go back to a save slightly earlier than the chessboard battle for the bugfix to work).

If you're already using version 3, let me know, because I'm pretty certain the bug is fixed now.

Offline Raiken

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:22 AM »
Cheers guys, the SCS update fixed the problem.  ;D

Had a quick test and got my arse handed to me, so with some better preparation I'm sure it'll be a fun battle.  ;)

Thanks again, and now I can stop using daft solutions like making my characters move at warp 9 to get across the board and beat the (now fixed) bug.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: