Author Topic: NPC project Jaheira bug  (Read 3531 times)

Ginger

NPC project Jaheira bug
« on: August 03, 2006, 09:03:34 PM »
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to report this ... the G3 forums seem to direct Tutu users over here, so here goes. After ploughing through their bug threads, I seem to have a different version of the Jaheira Cloakwood Forest bug. I have no trouble tracking down Beador or Mareth (though Mareth has quite a big, deep booming voice for a girl), and vanquishing the ArchDruid, but when I return to Seniyad, he reacts as though he's never seen me before. Jaheira and Khalid also revert to the original conversation in which he asks us to help B&M, as well.

Thanks!

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: NPC project Jaheira bug
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:45:01 PM »
We are happy to help either here or at G3. Just to confirm, you have:
1. Are playing Tutu, not BGT or BP-NeJ-etc.-etc.
2. had Jaheira in the party
3. Met with Seniyad, and gotten the quest from him
4. Found Beador and rescued him (or at least tried)
5. Gone back to near the Tree Fort and encountered Andarthe, NOT Amarathe (there are two ArchDruids, one who lives at the top of the Tree Fort in vanilla Tutu and one who tries to whup you in BG1NPC Phase2(Quests))
6. Killed Andarthe and rescued Maretha (you get a rep + or - from the final encounter with her)
7. Returned to Seniyad, and found him responding as if you had never gotten the quest.

Is this correct?

If it is, and you have done all this, I m not sure what is wrong -- but the way to finish the quest is to set the following variable:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#JaheiraSen","GLOBAL",31)

and then talk to Seniyad again. He should give the final talk, closing the quest and leaving the area.

The next version of BG1NPC will have more journal feedback and some closer scripting of variables to make this quest run more smoothly.

As a side note, anyone reading this post to troubleshoot their own Jaheira Quest challenges,  please be aware that any quest in any mod that delivers reputation gains or losses can result in a neutral quest character suddenly leaving the party unless you have used the "happy patch". The safest way around this happening for Jaheira in her Quest at the present time is to use BG2-Tweaks or SCS (if it's 3e Ruleset Druids component still does this) to reset Jaheira to Neutral Good. This is because neutral NPCs will try to leave parties that reach extremes of good or bad reputation (19 or 20; I am not sure about the low delimiter).

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
Re: NPC project Jaheira bug
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:47:06 AM »
the G3 forums seem to direct Tutu users over here, so here goes.

Actually what we are trying is to direct BGT users to Spellhold; please, let us know what gave you this impression so we can avoid misunderstanding in the future?
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: