Author Topic: Anomen quest delays  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
Anomen quest delays
« on: July 05, 2006, 01:09:31 AM »
Has anyone noticed that there's a bit of a trend at the moment with players reporting significant delays in Anomen's quest?

This one was particularly amusing, but I've noticed other people asking about it. Here, for example.

Any suggestions for follow-up?
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: Anomen quest delays
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »
The best solution I've found for avoiding the delay in Anomen's quest is to avoid installing the "ignore race/gender" option of Weimer Ease of Use or other mods which allow the player to circumvent romance conventions.

If you're female and of the appropriate race, Anomen's romance will start normally, whether or not you choose to pursue it. Anomen's quest will start normally. If you can delay telling him to take a hike long enough for his Quest to complete, things will go more smoothly. In most dialogs, you can ask Anomen to postpone a lovetalk with few consequences.

If you're male and do not have the "ignore race/gender" option installed, Anomen's quest will start normally.

If you've got the "ignore race/gender" option installed, because, say, you want to indulge in multiple romances, and you are running a male pc, Anomen's quest will never begin. Sure the big galoot should start sweet-talking your pc, but it never happens. Nor does his quest ever start.  His global variables will come back as Match=1, RomanceActive=1, but he'll never launch the first LT, and Terl will never show up.

I know it isn't supposed to work this way. But it does.

Earlier, I thought there wasn't enough love in the world, so my male pc was involved with all 3 bioware ladies. Anomen was also in the party, and his quest didn't start for months, game time. I finally gave up and left him in the Copper Coronet.

Later on, I decided I didn't really need the whole multiple romance business, so I uninstalled it, and the "i r/g". The very next game I ran with a male pc, Anomen's quest ran as it should.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: