Author Topic: BGTuTu Problem  (Read 8140 times)

Offline Barmy Army

• Planewalker
BGTuTu Problem
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »
I'm getting this when I tried to install the BGtutu fix.
(http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4649/bgtutuproblem9ye.jpg)

I did notice that when I ran the bgtutu.exe it copied loads of files (really quick, impossible to read any messages) then just cut out. I thought it was unusual as these kinds of things usually ask you to press ENTER to finish the installation, but I assumed it had just finished.
What would cause this?

I followed the instructions - http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98 - to the letter (although the 'configuration' file didn't require editing, it had all the right locations already, is this normal?)

What can people recommend?

Ta,
Barmy

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: BGTuTu Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »
Looks like you are missing some of the game files. Do you have TotSC?

Have you checked Ghreyfain's "what a BG1 full install looks like" to make sure you have all the .BIFF files?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Barmy Army

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:32:38 PM »
Thank you for replying.

I do not actually have TotSC.  I have a 5 disc version of BG and did a custom installtion, selecting all items (incl. movies etc.)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »
Oh, hmm, it may be because you are missing TotSC. But check Ghrey's thread anyway, since it is a possibility your CDs are a little scratched.

Try unpacking and putting this file in your Override before installing the fixes--if we forgot to do file checks for any other TotSC files (or your install CDs are scratched) you may experience more error messages, but if that's the only one and everything else is ok then you should be able to play. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:54:11 AM »
Or else you can try "Easy TuTu"...  ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 03:28:52 AM »
Or else you can try "Easy TuTu"... ;)

You wish. :( Easy TuTu doesn't support installs without TOTSC, it is explicitly stated in the Readme. This way, all of us who think TOTSC sucks, or those who simply didn't get to buy it, can't use the program yet - though I am eager to tinker with it, to be honest. Well, maybe next version...

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:25:22 AM »
Kulyok,

I think that TotSC is a *great* expansion! Today it's easy to grab it and it's also included in Original Saga, in case it should become rare...I can't believe that people would hope and/or wait for another release of Easy TuTu rather than get a copy of Tales of the Sword Coast. I really have hard time to understand what sucks in that expansion.

Really, I can't figure out a single reason. The expansion is worth the money and perfectly suits itself in the Baldur's Gate experience. Just Durglar's Tower is a reason to run and buy it. It's perhaps the best dungeon in the whole game. Not counting the direct improvements that Tales of the Sword Coast grants to people who start the game from the beginning...I am really surprised there are some people that *willingly* decide to discard TotSC...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:14:25 AM »
Well, tastes differ. To me TOTSC did not offer any interesting plots,  (unlike the main storyline). Perhaps it was interesting, but it never touched me in any way. I found parts of it rushed  (werewolf island), parts of it extremely tedious and melodramatic (Durlag's Tower), and parts of it simply added for "wow, such coolness! And cool equipment, too!" factor (Ugloth' Beard, Aec'letec).

I honestly tried it with TUTU. Durlyle was the last straw.

(Edited for stupid typos.)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
I must accept your "tastes differ"...  ;)

Offline Barmy Army

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:23:44 AM »
Oh, hmm, it may be because you are missing TotSC. But check Ghrey's thread anyway, since it is a possibility your CDs are a little scratched.

Try unpacking and putting this file in your Override before installing the fixes--if we forgot to do file checks for any other TotSC files (or your install CDs are scratched) you may experience more error messages, but if that's the only one and everything else is ok then you should be able to play. :)

Thanks Andyr.  I put that file in my Override folder and that made the fix install successfully :).  The only problem now is that when I try to run tutu (baldur.exe in my BG2 directory, right?) the game asks for the expansion disc, which I obviously don't have.  Any idea how to get around that?

Cheers for your help pal.

Offline Barmy Army

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »
hah, ignore me.  I assumed it meant the TotSC expansion disc, but it must have meant the BG2 expansion.  I've tried that and it works :D.

You're a star Andyr, cheer mate  ;).

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 10:33:46 AM »
Glad it's working. :) I'll make a note that _INGWOLF.ITM code needs moving into the TotSC-required part of the .tp2.

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 10:37:59 AM »
Well, tastes differ. To me TOTSC did not offer any interesting plots,  (unlike the main storyline). Perhaps it was interesting, but it never touched me in any way. I found parts of it rushed  (werewolf island), parts of it extremely tedious and melodramatic (Durlag's Tower), and parts of it simply added for "wow, such coolness! And cool equipment, too!" factor (Ugloth' Beard, Aec'letec).

I honestly tried it with TUTU. Durlyle was the last straw.
I think I understand your view, but when it comes to standard BG1, TOSC made the game much more playable simply...
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Selkis

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 07:02:17 PM »
I'm having an identical problem to the OP, I tried to install tutufix and got the same error message he got, then set the destination folder of tutufix to the bg1-override folder, tried to install and got a message saying
[c:\program files\Black isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg1 override\setup-tutufix.exe]
WeiDU version 185
ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in :
                dialog.tlk
Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory
FATAL ERROR: Failure("unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

I tried this with the other override folder and got the same message, what should I do?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
Hello -

I'm having an identical problem to the OP, I tried to install tutufix and got the same error message he got, then set the destination folder of tutufix to the bg1-override folder, tried to install and got a message saying
[c:\program files\Black isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg1 override\setup-tutufix.exe]
WeiDU version 185
ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in :
                dialog.tlk
Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory
FATAL ERROR: Failure("unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

I tried this with the other override folder and got the same message, what should I do?

Re-read Andyr's replies -- he attached the missing file to one of them.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Selkis

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 08:42:29 PM »
Thanks a lot, I didn't notice that file.

Needless to say, I'm having my eyes tested tomorrow.

Selkis

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 08:51:34 AM »
One final question, I don't seem to recieve journal entries when playing, is this because I don't have TotSC or is it because of some mistake I made during installation? How would it be possible for me to remedy the situation if possible?

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 12:56:53 PM »
Not recieving Journal Entries in Prologue is normal. They will show up starting with Chapter 1. TUTU6 was supposed to address this issue, but it is still in beta. :)
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Addyboy

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 04:03:54 PM »
Hi there, where abouts are you supposed to extract the ingwolf.rar file to? I've tried putting it in each of my back up folders (I do not have TOTSC) but still comes up with the error message about dialog.tk...

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 10:04:17 PM »
Hello -

Hi there, where abouts are you supposed to extract the ingwolf.rar file to? I've tried putting it in each of my back up folders (I do not have TOTSC) but still comes up with the error message about dialog.tk...

Seeing as the _ingwolf problem relates to Tutufix (and therefore a finished conversion), I am fairly certain it needs to go in your BG2 override folder (assuming that you converted your main BG2 installation and not a clone of it).
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Addyboy

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 05:43:55 PM »
Hi again,

I'm having the same problem as the original poster now - and I've put the ingwolf file into my BG2 override directory. Where is TuTuFix supposed to be extracted to btw? Is that it possibly? The screen I'm getting is the exact same as the OP, but the solution just isnt working.

Addyboy

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 05:58:48 PM »
Ok, ignore that last one.

The problem in both cases was that I was extracting to the BG Tutu folder rather than the base directory (so ingwolf went to BGtutu-BG2override instead of the generic override folder in the BG2 directory, and TutuFix also went to the tutu sub directory). Problem sorted and now installed fine. Worth posting simply in case anyone else has the same problem (surely I'm not the only one to have done this!)

Stonewarrior1

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 09:28:54 PM »
Hi, I am having a similar problem but with a different file...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [_xannn29.wav] not found in KEY file:
             [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Core Bugfixes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] component 0.
uninstalled     1 files for [SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("resoiurce [_xannn29.wav] not found for 'COPY'")

I should probably mention that I am trying to setup tutu on a clone of SoA, not sure if that would make a difference.

Peace

Stonewarrior1

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
Hi again, I found the solution for the above.  Now I am running into another problem.  Much of the core fixes seemed to be installed until I get to [_illgood.bcs].  I actually used the search function this time b/f posting but could not find anything in this forum.  For the previous file the solution was to delete a line from the tp2 file.  I am hesitant to delete something like this without seeing it suggested as I am not to familiar with these type of files.  Thanks in advance!

Peace.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: