Author Topic: Viconia Problem  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
  • Ah feckin' 'ate gobleens!
Viconia Problem
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:19:03 AM »
Back again. After clearing the mines of Nashkel, I went hunting for Viconia, rescued her and added her to the party, but there seems to be a problem with her (Aside from the obvious problems she has).
Most of the time, she'll ignore a move order and stay in place. If she does decide to move, she'll stop after about two seconds. I've reloaded and added her again, but the problem persists. I kicked her out of the party, but when I tried to talk to her after that, it said she had nothing to say to me (She didn't even come up to me to tell me what a good bastard I am). Turning off her AI script didn't work either, and she's not encumbered in any way.
Bug?
Ach, tis a sad day when someone in the group dies. We'll mourn his death forever. Quick, gettis stuff!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Viconia Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:30:26 AM »
Any mods installed? Using the Official Patches?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 06:35:26 AM »
Using the official patches, got a few BGtutu tweaks installed (Though the only one relating to Vic is her portrait change) and the BGtutu NPC project banter thingey.
And yes, all the patches.
Ach, tis a sad day when someone in the group dies. We'll mourn his death forever. Quick, gettis stuff!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 07:55:38 AM »
Which versions of the mods?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:32:52 AM »
The latest, downloaded everything fresh and spunky before I installed, about a week or so ago.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 11:40:40 AM »
Hmmm... It could be a BG1 NPC project thing. Did she have problems from as soon as you picked her up?

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 02:07:50 AM »
Yup, the second I had her in the party, she wouldn't get in formation. She even won't cast spells before giving up halfway through. Bah on her!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 05:33:33 AM »
It sounds like her script is trying to make her do something, but she can't, so is stuttering. That's why I think it could be BG1 NPC.

If you could post at forums.gibberlings3.net perhaps Domi will have some idea what's going on, as I don't at the moment. :)

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 10:03:45 AM »
I'll try uninstalling the BG1 project first, let's see if that works, then I'll go see the Gibbering Three. Thanks!

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 09:29:04 AM »
It's us most probably. I will check to see if any of her scripts are ambigous. Can you give me your party composition, which area you are in (and is the stutter area dependent), what time of day it is (and if the stutter is time of day dependent) and if the stutter is fixed by sleeping her. I cross-refernced to G3 forum, if you would post a more detailed bug report there, it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 09:32:37 AM by Ashara »
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Drugar

• Dwarven Battlerager
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 05:29:37 AM »
After uninstalling and reinstalling some stuff, it appeared that all I had to do was rest. Checked the gibbering 3 forum, it seems you guys got it figured out by now. It would appear that it was indeed the codestring that told her to keep attacking the Flaming Fist soldier, as it would explain why she was busy, and why she kept forgetting what to do. Sleeping made the bug irrelevant though.

Thanks a million :-D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 05:41:24 AM by Drugar »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 02:53:43 PM »
Glad it's working. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: